Glitter Template

Sunday, December 23, 2012

Week One



My first week in Luxembourg I shadowed the old nanny, learning the daily routine. The three youngest kids had christmas programs at their school. It was fun to go and watch them sing in Luxembourgish and German. On Thursday their old nanny and I got off work early. She explained the bus system to me and then we took the bus down to the Gar. The Gar is the train station which is in a beautiful building.
       Then we walked through the town centre, and she showed me the Castle. It was dark and rainy, but it still looked beautiful. I am looking forward to going back sometime in the day. We also went to the Chocolate House which is right across from the castle. I had the most delicious chocolate cake ever! With all the people inside I could tell it was a very popular place. After we couldn't eat any more we met up with a couple people and walked through the Christmas Village. 


During the first week I noticed many differences between Luxembourg and the states. The more exploring I do, the more differences I see. The roads here are tiny, and so are the cars. The washers and dryers are smaller as well, most things seem to be a lot smaller. Even though things here are not at all what I am used to, I learn to love it more and more each day. 

No comments:

Post a Comment