Glitter Template

Wednesday, December 26, 2012

Christmas Chaos


       I hadn't been around little kids on christmas in a very long time. It was crazy and fun to be surrounded by all the anticipation and excitement of the kids.  Tracey, the mom, always hosts Christmas Day dinner. So on Christmas Eve we did some baking with the kids. It was a mess! The girls were so eager that they kept trying to open everything and add all the wrong ingredients, which resulted in a lot of spills. But the kids seemed to enjoy it and were very proud of what they helped with. 
         Tracey's mom recently moved into the house so she was already here Christmas Eve. Tracey's brother and his wife came over in the evening to spend the night so they would be here for Christmas morning. The kids put out milk and some treats that we had made that day out for santa and some carrots for the reindeer. I have never seen them so willing to go to bed.
Cameron waiting to open his gift
My stocking
Unfortunately I wasn't able to get to sleep until after three in the morning. Then at 5:30am I was woken up by the sound of the tv blaring on the main floor. I found the three boys up and watching a christmas movie, all sitting by their stockings.. Surprisingly none of the presents were open. 

When I walked into the living room I seriously could not believe my eyes. Their were so many presents it literally took up two rooms. The boys waited until after 7 to go wake up the rest of the house by singing Christmas carols. We started opening presents at 7:30 and finished around 11:30. The kids loved all of their presents and I loved being around all the screaming and joy. The Oliver's were very sweet and got me some amazing presents as well.
Kyla eating her chocolate santa
The missionaries came over in the afternoon for the Christmas feast, which was delicious. They also got to open their presents and talk to their families. After the Elders were done skyping, we brought out the many many desserts. That night Traceys brother and his wife stayed the night again. We all stayed up till midnight playing games. Then I got to talk to my whole family and see my adorable little nephew! It was a great Christmas here in Luxembourg and I am so grateful that I got to have this experience. I have always wanted to spend Christmas in Europe, and now I have.

No comments:

Post a Comment