Glitter Template

Saturday, February 16, 2013

Lovin' London

 In February I got the chance to go to England with My friend Olivia. We started out in Bradford, which is where Olivia is from and also where I found this awesome telephone booth.
 Before the trip Olivia kept telling me how excited she was to go shopping in England, So we went to the Leeds White Rose Centre. We did a lot of shopping and the above picture is what we ended up with between the both of us.
 Since our ward in Lux is in french we were really looking forward to church. I was so happy to be able to sing hymns in english.
 After Bradford we headed to London. We parked the car then took the underground in to London. We parked right next to where they held the olympics so I got to see all the facilities from that.   
 Big Ben was the first thing we saw when we walked up from the underground. It was a great way to start my day in London! 
Our first big adventure was the London Eye. It is a giant ferris wheel with each booth enclosed. Both Olivia and I are a bit afraid of heights so it was quite an experience.
 The Eye moves very slowly, it doesn't even stop for people to get on or off. Which is why it is perfect for taking pictures. I highly recommend it to anyone going to London.
 All my pictures on the Eye of Buckingham Palace turned out kinda foggy, so it was the next thing on my list to see. 
 We decided to walk to the palace instead of taking a taxi. I am so glad we did because I got to see more of London that you don't get to see when you are on the roads. 
 Buckingham Palace was absolutely beautiful! The flag was flying which means the Queen was there and we got there just in time to watch the changing of the guard. It was an awesome experience.
 After Buckingham Palace we took a taxi up to Covent Garden. We walked around looking at all the different booths and stores. There were lots of decorations for Valentine's and Easter. They had giant Easter eggs all over that different artists had painted. 
My only regret is that I didn't get to spend more time in London. I got to see everything on my list but I still can't wait to go back! The whole time I was in England I was on cloud nine. I have always dreamed of travelling to London, and it had finally happened!

No comments:

Post a Comment