Glitter Template

Saturday, February 23, 2013

I Love To See The Temple

When I was invited to go with the youth to the temple I was so excited. I hadn't been to the temple in such a long time and I was excited to see the Frankfurt temple. It was so different than any other temple I have ever been in. To get to the baptistry you enter a separate building and go down stairs and through a long hall. We were then taken into a room with three rows of chairs in it. This is where they gave us the baptismal clothes and checked our recommends.

In every temple I have ever been to in the states they try to conceal the underwear inside the suit, but not in Germany. They called us up one by one, boys and girls all mixed together. One sister missionary gave out the suit, then we moved to the next sister who gave out the underwear. Just right on top in plain sight. I couldn't help but think of how many young women in the states would be mortified to have that happen. Just one of many examples of how even in the church culture can be very different. We also got a badge that said we were doing baptisms, this let us go right pass the desk where they usually check your recommend. 
 There was one guy who did all the baptising. By the end he must have been exhausted, but you never would have guessed it by the glow on his face. When the youth go to the temple the group is usually around twelve people, we had a lot more than that there! Even though I couldn't communicate with most of the people there I felt closer to them and so grateful to be part of the ward. My experience at the   Frankfurt temple was very different from my other temple experiences but one thing was the same. The spirit I felt there and the pure joy and excitement for life was the exact same as any other temple I have been to. I am so grateful to have this gospel in my life and to be able to go to the temple and serve among angels.

No comments:

Post a Comment